How to get the most out of your self storage units
At Matlock Self Storage we want you to get the most out of your storage, and to ensure that your stored items are safe and secure. We’ve compiled a list of a few helpful tips that will help you maximise your storage space, and protect your belongings.
- Make a list of what you are storing. This will enable you to organise enough packaging supplies, and remind you of what you have in storage.
- Calculate the value of goods in store and make sure that it is covered by insurance.
- Label all boxes for further identification.
- Cover all furniture with dust sheets. Wrap table and chair legs to avoid scratches.
- Wrap fragile items in protective packaging, eg bubble wrap. Use specially designed storage boxes for
- china, pictures and electronics.
- Use strong cardboard boxes or plastic boxes. For storing smaller items use bubble wrap to fill up spaces.
- Make sure fridges, freezers are dried and defrosted before storage, where possible keep doors open.
- Drain all water from washing machines before storing.
- Make sure ovens are clean before storing.
- Clean garden equipment before storing and ensure lawn mower storage tanks are empty.
- Try to leave things that will be frequently required near to the exit.
10 ways to pack your self storage space
- Seal boxes completely with packing tape to keep out dust and pack snugly to prevent collapsing when stacked.
- Leave a centre aisle for easy access to all items.
- Consider shelving to maximise your Matlock storage space.
- Store items you’ll need most often at the front of your unit.
- Keep refrigerator and freezer doors slightly ajar and clean before storing, and don’t forget to use the space inside for extra storage.
- Store sofas (except sofa-beds) on end to maximise space.
- Protect mattresses and furniture with pads and covers.
- Wrap mirrors and pictures with bubblewrap/blankets/paper, or use mirror boxes. Never store these items flat.
- Label all boxes on several sides for easy locating.
- Disassemble tables and shelves and store on their sides. Wrap and mark pieces for easier re-assembly.
Reserve your storage space in advance
Save time and stress – why not make a reservation on-line? You can also call us on 01629 56655 to check prices and availability for the dates you need.
Call: 01629 56655
Or book online
Whether you are a home owner, someone after long-term storage, or just a little extra space—we have the solution.
Matlock Self Storage provides an excellent service for business customers who require specialised business solutions